Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, London, Toronto, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike at traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experiential programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
The Other Art Fair is a global collection of artist-led art events where everyone is welcome. Where the art world as you knew it went one way, we went the other. Where elitism, expense and stuffiness is the norm, we dare to deviate and create something different. You won’t find VIP ropes outside our door.
The Other Art Fair is seeking a Marketing Manager to oversee the marketing for its Sydney and Melbourne Fairs.
We’re looking for a marketing professional to help manage the Fair campaigns and drive visitor footfall to our three yearly art Fairs in Australia. This role is a broad one, and the perfect candidate will be able to switch between copywriting, to partnerships, to email builds, and forecasting on any given day. A key focus of the role is to maintain the momentum in visitor footfall and word-of-mouth reputation the Fair has gained in the past few years, and you can do this by coming to the role with fresh partnership and content ideas, a passion for marketing, a love for data and the enthusiasm to get stuck into a big job within a small team.
Art isn’t confined to convention or rule, and how people enjoy it shouldn’t be either. Our fairs combine affordable and original works and independent artists with immersive installations, performances, DJs to create environments where art is reframed and new perspectives are encouraged. We have in-person Fairs in Australia, the UK, and throughout the US alongside a newly-launched virtual fair portfolio, and have ambitious growth plans for the future.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Marketing Manager grows with us.
You’ll Report to: Head of Marketing
A typical day as a Contract Senior Marketing Executive might include:
- Marketing Campaigns (20%)
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing, Australian Fair Director and Australian Fair Assistant, you will work to concept and create omnichannel marketing and promotional campaigns. Working with the Head of Marketing to develop a visitor promotion strategy through a mix of partnerships, email marketing, paid digital, social media content, copywriting and more.
- Email Marketing (25%)
- Managing email content strategy, creation in Dreamweaver and data segmentation, including monitoring performance and optimization alongside the data retention team.
- Partnerships, PR, and Influencers (20%)
- Creating and managing lead-generation efforts including sweepstakes, content marketing initiatives, and brand partnerships. Working with the PR team to extend the impact and reach of earned media efforts.
- Content creation (15%)
- Creating content for social media, email campaigns, websites conducting social listening, providing ongoing reports on performance, and devising influencer marketing initiatives.
- Forecasting, Reporting and Analytics (10%)
- Working with the Head Of Marketing and Fair Director to accurately forecast fair attendance, monitor ticket sales, and make recommendations to campaign performance to help the team to meet its KPIs. Reporting on overall marketing campaign performance at the end of the Fair cycle.
- Leadership and Team Contribution (10%)
- Playing an active role in weekly brainstorms to help develop Fair content that will push the fairs forward
- and increase PR content and visitor attendance.
- Managing internal marketing throughout the pre-Fair cycle.
- You’ll be successful if you are strategic, creative and enthusiastic. You are personable, interested in events, have a strong eye for grammar and writing punchy copy, and want to contribute to The Other Art Fair’s continual growth and success. You want to roll up your sleeves and take advantage of the opportunity to work within a fast-paced events role.
What you have:
- 3-4 years’ of professional working experience in a marketing role
- Experience in using Email Software Providers such as MailChimp, Dot Mailer, Adestra or similar
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change
- Proficiency in using design software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or Canva
- Proficiency in HTML code and Adobe Dreamweaver
What We Have:Leaf Group is among the 2022 & 2019 Built In LA Best Places To WorkAmong Comparably’s 2021 Best Companies for Company Culture, Company Perks & Benefits, Company Compensation, Best CEO for Diversity, and Best CEO for WomenHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY OnlyInYourState is ranked the #3 Travel and Information Site (ComScore)Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle BrandLeaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work ForWell +Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company AwardMyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best DesignWinner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
For full-time permanent roles:Competitive compensation and benefits packages (ie, Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)Gender neutral family leavePaid-to-play vacation rewardsDiscretionary unlimited vacation timeEmployee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Process:Step 1: A video/phone call with a member from our Hiring Team. In this call, we will cover the basics of the role and our company, and discuss a high level overview of your past experiences, goals, and interest in this role. Step 2: A call with your potential manager or someone from the hiring team to dive deeper into your experiences and goals. Step 3: A short assessment to help us see your skill sets as they relate to the role we have. We will review this in Step 1.Step 4: Depending on the role, interviews with key stakeholders from the role (could be 1 or up to 3) who will dive further into the role with you and answer any questions you may have.
Leaf Group is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our roles. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Agency Disclosure: If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.