- Based at our Burwood or Geelong Campuses
- Full-time (36.75 hours per week), Fixed Term Until 7th October 2022
- HEW 6 $82,494 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Cloud Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
Working within the Faculty Marketing team, the Senior Digital Marketing Officer – Content is responsible for coordinating, writing and editing marketing content across print and digital channels including; course guides, course flyers and EDMs. To support the delivery of marketing and communications strategies designed to contribute to the effective recruitment of prospective students for the Faculty of Business and Law.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Draw on a diverse range of people, groups and resources to identify new or improved opportunities, processes and ways of doing things to enhance organizational strategy
- Investigate and probe for the facts and identify relevant solutions and selects the most appropriate from the range of alternatives
- Seek feedback from customers regarding their satisfaction and perspective with products or services received, respond to feedback with openness and transparency and seek to identify ways to serve the customer better
- Provide ethical advice to clients that address underlying issues, promoting value-adding insights and recommendations
- Build new and productive relationships with a diverse range of potential students, stakeholders or key and influential individuals both inside and outside the University
- Develop and implement practical, accessible solutions based on stakeholder needs
- Strive for excellence and regularly consult with clients to clarify who requires the information, the purpose for which it is required, criteria for success and where and when advice and recommendation is required
- Communicate with confidence using examples and the most appropriate influencing technique for a given situation to increase understanding and support
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A Degree with subsequent relevant experience; gold
- Extensive experience and specialist knowledge or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields; gold
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and content requirements for each media channel
- Experience in adapting complex information and ideas for a variety of audiences and channels
- Experience writing content that aligns with brand, style and tone of voice requirements
- Extensive experience copywriting and editing content across print, digital and social marketing channels.
- Experience across various social media platforms, including content management, analysis and performance optimization
Applications for this position close on Sunday 20th March.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritizing applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
- This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details)
Offers of employment from Deakin University are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can view a copy of the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure.
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.